Fall Internship- Position OPEN
Brick Street Farm is looking for a fall intern (or two) to join our team. Our interns are a core member of our team and will assist with all aspects of the indoor farm operation. We will train in all areas of hydroponic systems and growing, indoor farming, organic food production and food safety. Internship will begin at 12 hours per week with the opportunity to increase hours. We understand your busy schedule and will be flexible with days and hours.
Internship will begin in mid-August and last for 3 months.
- Learn proprietary hydroponic technology
- Assist with seed propagation, transplanting from germination to maturity area
- Crop harvesting and packaging for customers
- Cleaning and maintenance of grow equipment
- Learn hydroponic science and supporting chemistry/biology
- Must be able to stand and be on feet for 8 hour shift
- Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds repetitively
- Must be able to be in a 60 degree temperature environment for entire shift
- Must be able to reach overhead
- Basic math (conversions)
- Quick learner with ability to focus on tedious tasks
- Self-motivated and punctual
- Enjoy working with live plants and organic materials
- Experience with hydroponic growing systems
- Experience with environmental sciences (chemistry, biology)
- Strong interest in learning indoor, urban growing (farming) techniques
- Conservationist mindset
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include why you are interested in working with a city farm and would be a good fit.